Originally posted December 9, 2012
God continues to shower us with his love and shock us with his incredible power. Please share in our prayer of rejoicing. All 29 of our residents have individuals or families who want to bless their Christmas experience. Each soul has a sponsor.
Our BC team started to get nervous a few days ago when we had so many people who still need sponsors. God must have shaken his head. Then he delivered, and today we received the last nine sponsors we needed.
God continually bursts from the box we try to put him in. And we thank you for his omnipotence of which we know so little.
Many of you expressed interest in sponsoring one of our family members but didn’t get the chance. Well, we humbly offer another option. We are blessed to be able to take those residents of our building and give them a special Christmas. But we serve more than just them. We could give gifts to more than just them. You could help us show a little love to the truly forgotten, the truly homeless. You could help our residents give back to those who need it.
For two sponsorships of $125 for Christmas Day….
1. We could provide a meal that our residents can share with our friends from the street.
2. We could hand out little gifts to forgotten people who won’t receive Christmas presents otherwise.
3. And we could give each of our families some money to spend on their own kids. They likely won’t have money to buy even the littlest gifts or doing anything special for their kids.
New Year’s Eve is a very special day for families here. Everyone wears new clothes and spends the day enjoying their families. But for those who don’t have families, we want to be theirs. For our teenagers and for our friends who live on the street.
For two sponsorships of $125 for New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day…
1. We could share a special meal between our residents and those a part of our street ministry. We love encouraging our residents to reach out to those who are in a situation they were once in. We love watching them pay Christ’s love forward.
2. We could take our teens to play games and provide them with the family they long for on a such a family holiday.
We always want to provide a place for the forgotten to go where they can find love. It’s not about the food or the gifts but the love we give along with it. These days are opportunities to show the unconditional love of our Savior. We open hearts with every hug and touch of kindness.
Help us provide a safe, loving place for the hopeless and forgotten to come this holiday season. Please be a part of opening up our family to the unloved this Christmas and New Year’s.
Or if you would rather, we are looking for sponsors for several of our elementary school kids for the next school year that begins in February. Brayan (in the photo above) is one of them. If you are interested in something like that or in sponsoring our Christmas Day or New Year’s Eve festivities, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can donate online or by mail, just simply let us know what you would like to help with specifically.
Most of all thank you for your beautiful hearts who continually give again and again. We are moved. We are in awe of your generosity. Thank you. Thank you. A thousand times, thank you.